Top Tips to Get Your Home Ready for Sale!
If you are one of the many homeowners getting ready to sell your home, you need to ensure that you’re prepared. Considering the current low inventory on the market, it is a great time to optimize the value for your home as demand in the Fraser Valley still remains very high. Low supply, and high demand makes for higher value for your home. Here are a few tips that will assist you in putting your homes best foot forward for any prospective buyers that may come through.
- Try your best to take an objective look at your home. As much as it may seem irrelevant, neat homes that are well maintained will be likely to sell faster than similar competition.
- Rather than taking on major renovations just for the soul purpose of selling the home, instead, consider what minor cosmetic improvements can be made to make your house appear more appealing. Examples of this are things such as: paint, cleaning, floor finishing, etc. Consult with a realtor to find out more.
(The issue with taking on major renovations for the soul purpose of a resale is that there is no guarantee that you will make a profitable return on your investment.)
Exterior of the home:
As cliché as it may sound, you only get one first impression. The exterior of your home is exactly that. Some simple tricks to make the outside of your home appear more inviting are:
- Keep hedges, and flower beds well maintained and trimmed.
- Clear any clutter from your yard.
- Fix any cracked windows or loose siding. Also, replace and missing shingles.
- Pressure washing can make a significant difference on the appearance of any home, especially on garage doors.
There are 2 primary areas when preparing the interior of your home: the bathrooms, and the kitchen.
- If you are including kitchen appliances in the sale of your home, make sure that they look spotless, a simple polish will improve their look drastically.
- Cluttered rooms will always appear smaller than they actually are. In order to make your home look as big as possible, put away any unnecessary furniture, or bulky appliances. Open layouts will always appear to be bigger than cluttered rooms.
- If you have carpet in your home, consider getting a steam cleaner and giving them a once over. If you have pets, pet odor will get trapped within the carpet and although you may have become accustom to it, others likely will not.
- If you have recently been cooking, be sure to air out your home before any showings.
- Fix any cracked light switch plates, broken door handles, or squeaky doors.
- Do everything in your power not to be home during showings. Buyers feel like intruders when home owners are around.
- If you have pets at home, if possible, take them with you for the duration of the showing.
- Keep your home well aired, well kept, and well lit.
- Finally, keep any money, jewelry, or small valuables tucked away. While this is not a common issue as a realtor will always be there for any showing, it is always better to be safe than sorry!
While all of these tips and tricks are suggestions, of course they are not all necessary. Feel free to contact us today for a Free Home Evaluation! 778-241-3090 or email@example.com.